Lake Erie Shores & Islands
Experience unsurpassed hospitality and event facilities surrounded by miles of beautiful shoreline at Ohio’s Lake Erie Shores & Islands. Located on Lake Erie in Northern Ohio, it is less than an hour drive from both Cleveland and Toledo airports and is easily accessed by the Ohio Turnpike. Offering 90 + attractions, numerous entertainment and countless lodging options, the Lake Erie Shores & Islands is the perfect wedding destination.
A wonderful chance for friends and family to help get the soon-to-be bride and groom on their feet.
- Merry-Go-Round Museum- smiles all around as the carousel spins and the music plays after gifts have been opened
- Wineries –rent a tasting room to create a warm atmosphere for gathering
- Lakeside Chautauqua- historic waterfront community, rich in tradition
- Schedel Arboretum- gorgeous flowers in bloom add vibrant life to the shower
Anything goes in the Shores and Islands from laid-back to all-out on the party meter.
- Kelleys Island and Put-in-Bay- multiple bars, clubs, and restaurants along with local bands create a party scene to keep you going all night long; consider making your party a two-day event on the islands.
- Northcoast Grapevine Tours- experience a day-long, escorted local winery tour along the Lake Erie Shores & Islands Wine Trail
- Kitchen’s Bounty- a hands-on culinary experience that combines the love of food with preparation skills and the appreciation of an artistic table makes for a unique party
- Goodtime Lake Erie Islands Cruises - offers evening party and day-time island hopping excursions
- Indoor Water Parks- splash away at Kalahari Resort, Maui Sands Resort, Castaway Bay or Great Wolf Lodge- not just for kids!
- Cedar Point- voted #1 amusement park for 16 years running
Lake Erie Shores and Islands features a myriad of unique and traditional locales, both indoors and out.
- Beaches-150 miles of coastline offer brides and grooms the option of saying “I do” with their toes in the sand
- Islands- Enjoy a true destination wedding on Kelleys Island or Put-in-Bay with beaches, romantic vacation homes, resorts, attractions, and local favorite eateries; invited guests will enjoy the getaway celebration
- Lighthouses- Marblehead Lighthouse and the Vermilion Lighthouse provide awesome backdrops for waterfront ceremonies
- Resorts and Banquet Facilities- Sawmill Creek Resort, Beachfront Resort and South Beach Resort allow for that dream beach wedding. Kalahari Resort’s extravagant ballroom and the banquet halls at Mesenburg Catering and Lyman Harbor will satisfy any size wedding
- Wineries- Mon Ami Winery offers an historic wine cellar, or get married among the vineyards at Paper Moon Vineyards or Quarry Hill Winery.
From “I will” to “I do”, the Lake Erie Shores & Islands Group Sales Team wants to make your destination wedding memorable. Contact Kara Hart today at 800.441.1271 to learn about all of the free services that are offered including; hotel bids, welcome packets and vendor/location listings.