About Stan Hywet Hall & Gardens
Stan Hywet Hall & Gardens in Akron, Ohio is the former estate of the family of F.A. Seiberling, the founder of The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company. Designed by Charles Schneider in the Tudor Revival style and completed in 1915, it is one of the most important remaining examples of an American Country Estate built by the wealth created during the Industrial Age at the turn of the twentieth century, when the emergence of modern America made Akron the “Rubber Capital of the World.”
In 1957, Stan Hywet became a non-profit historic estate museum so that the public could benefit from the cultural, educational, and inspirational riches of one of the most significant achievements in architecture and horticulture to come out of America’s Industrial Age. Stan Hywet is accredited by the American Association of Museums and is a designated Save America’s Treasures project. It is Akron, Ohio’s only National Historic Landmark.
Stan Hywet is open Tuesday through Sunday (closed to the public on Mondays) from April through December. The estate includes a 65-room Manor House, the Gate Lodge and the Corbin Conservatory and 70 acres of historic gardens and grounds. The Estate hosts rotating exhibits and public programs and is available for wedding and corporate events. It is Akron’s only National Historic Landmark and is accredited by the American Association of Museums.
For more information about Stan Hywet’s history and its current programs, visit our website, click on the link above. We are also on Facebook and Twitter.